Full Stack Software Engineer
£50K – £70K base (depending on experience)
Who are these people?
This lovely family run business is an incredibly well established, unique, and progressive niche company. They have a rich heritage spanning back over 100 years where they cleverly develop industry changing products using cutting edge technologies. They’ve managed to weave a culture and pace of a tech start up whilst being highly profitable and self-funded.
Their client base spans across banking, financial institutions, and insurance with offices in Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
What would I be doing there?
Your important role in this lovely company will be to:
- Deliver market leading solutions within a cross-functional Agile team
- Be involved in the full development life cycle including the vision, design, planning, build and delivery
- Alternate from evolving existing core products to prototyping new concepts
- Focus on automation and quality, helping to release quality software faster
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams
- Encourage and mentor less experienced team members
So, where do, my talents fit into this?
To be successful in this role you’ll need to:
- Be able to understand and work on the full tech stack
- Have real world experience of successfully delivering major software products using agile methodologies
- Have good hands-on programming skills, and be able to create scalable and maintainable code
- Have knowledge of multiple programming languages.
- Core applications are .NET and SQL however there are a multiple MEAN/ MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular/React and Node.js) stack applications and services written in Node.js and Python. They use the best tool for the job.
- Working knowledge of AWS and Azure services and continuous delivery tools.
- Familiarity with native App development would be a bonus.
What’s in it for me?
A big plus with this company is the culture and the fact that you’ll be working with a cash rich, profitable company with an entrepreneurial, start up, innovative, progressive attitude.
You’ll get your own training budget to spend how you see fit, a generous holiday package, private healthcare, a very generous Pension, they are a very social bunch and there’s a Social club, and an Employee wellbeing assistance program.
Does this have your name all over it? Great - Apply and get in touch with Tudor Williams at Talent Wing to find out more.
If it looks like you could be a good fit, we'll send you an email to schedule a call with you (check your junk!), and if that goes well we'll invite you for a Zoom meeting. It helps us to get to know you a bit better and it helps us to do a better job for you (you’ll thank us for it in the long run).
One more thing - sorry about this BUT we do get loads of applications, we’ll do our utmost best to keep you updated but sometimes it’s really tricky to tell everyone who is unsuccessful and some slip through the net, so if you don't hear from us in a few days (yep you got it) you have not been successful…we do genuinely appreciate you applying and we'll add you on our system and update you on other suitable roles that come up.
If you don’t want to be kept up to date on new roles and what we do - just let us know.